Resources - Alberta Human Services - Government of Alberta


Get help with an application, find a capacity assessor, or locate a specific form.

Application help

There are organizations throughout Alberta that can help you at no cost to:

  • write a personal directive
  • apply for guardianship
  • apply for trusteeship
  • apply for co-decision-making

See the list of organizations now

Find a capacity assessor

When you apply to become a guardian, a trustee or a co-decision-maker, you must have the adult’s ability to make decisions assessed. This is done by a professional capacity assessor.

Find a qualified capacity assessor


This is an inventory of all forms for the Office of the Public Guardian and Trustee.

Go to forms now

Webcast Series

OPGT is offering an ongoing learning series to help Albertans understand the services and resources the office provides.

Webcast topics

Modified: 2016-01-18
PID: 17753

Contact this service

1-877-427-4525 (toll-free)

8:15 am - 4:30 pm (Monday to Friday, closed statutory holidays)