Child Care Subsidy - Alberta Human Services - Government of Alberta

Child Care Subsidy

Click on image to Estimate Your Subsidy
Click on image to Apply For Subsidy
Click on image to Renew Your Subsidy
Click on image to Change Personal Info

Subsidies for child care services

The Ministry of Children's Services provides financial assistance to eligible lower-income families using:

  • Licensed day care centres
  • Licensed group family child care
  • Approved family day homes
  • Licensed out-of-school care centres
  • Licensed pre-schools and
  • Approved early childhood development programs

Maximum subsidy rates vary by program type and the age of child attending child care.

You can apply for a subsidy if:

  • You or your spouse/partner, or the child receiving care are Canadian citizens or permanent residents of Canada and live in Alberta.
  • You or your spouse/partner are an Alberta resident.
  • Your children are 12 years of age or younger and are not yet attending Grade 7.
  • You and your spouse/partner are currently working, attending school, looking for work or have special needs
    You or your spouse/partner stay-at-home and have your child(ren) enrolled in a licensed pre-school or approved early childhood development program.

For general inquiries about child care subsidy call 1‑877‑644‑9992 or 780‑644‑9992 within Edmonton, Monday to Friday from 7:30 am to 8:00 pm.

More information for parents


Modified: 2018-04-26
PID: 15104