Child Care Subsidy
Subsidies for child care services
The Ministry of Human Services provides financial assistance to eligible lower-income families using:
- Licensed day care centres
- Licensed group family child care
- Approved family day homes
- Licensed out-of-school care centres
- Licensed pre-schools and
- Approved early childhood development programs
Maximum subsidy rates vary by program type and the age of child attending child care.
You can apply for a subsidy if:
- You or your spouse/partner, or the child receiving care are Canadian citizens or permanent residents of Canada and live in Alberta.
- You or your spouse/partner are an Alberta resident.
- Your children are 12 years of age or younger and are not yet attending Grade 7.
- You and your spouse/partner are currently working, attending school, looking for work or have special needs
You or your spouse/partner stay-at-home and have your child(ren) enrolled in a licensed pre-school or approved early childhood development program.
For general inquiries about child care subsidy call 1‑877‑644‑9992 or 780‑644‑9992 within Edmonton, Monday to Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
More information for parents
- Download the Paper Application for Child Care Subsidy
- CRA Consent (Applicant Declaration and Acknowledgement)
- Kin Care Claim
- Guide to Completing your Application for Child Care Subsidy
- Verification of Reason for Care – Special Needs