Child Development Worker (formerly Level Two) - Alberta Human Services - Government of Alberta

Child Development Worker (formerly Level Two)

You will receive a Child Development Worker (formerly Level Two) certificate when you have:

  • Completed a one-year Early Learning and Child Care certificate program offered by an Alberta public college, or an equivalent level of training (refer to the Educational Equivalencies Chart or the Certification Guide); and
  • Obtained proof of language proficiency at Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) Level 7, if your post-secondary training was not completed in English or French. Information about language proficiency requirements is available on page 19 of the Certification Guide.

To receive Child Development Worker certification, submit:

  • a completed Certification Application; and
  • an original CELPIP General assessment at level 7 or IELTS General assessment at level 6 in all areas; and
  • official transcripts sent directly from your educational institution to the Certification office showing all coursework and completion of any early learning and child care certificate program or approved educational equivalencies (consult the Certification Guide). If your transcripts do not indicate completion of your credential, please attach an original parchment to confirm that the credential was granted.

For Child Development Worker certification you must have your educational institution send official transcripts directly to the Child Care Staff Certification Office.  Copies of transcripts or personal originals are eligible for Child Development Assistant only.

Where do I send my application and transcripts?

Child Care Staff Certification Office
Alberta Children's Services
9940-106 Street
Edmonton AB T5K 2N2

Fax: 780‑427‑1258


Contact the Certification Office

Toll-free: 1‑800‑661‑9754 (Alberta only)
In Edmonton and outside of Alberta: 780‑422‑1119

Hours of Operation: 8:15 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.

Modified: 2017-07-19
PID: 15815