Child Development Supervisor (formerly Level Three)
You will receive a Child Development Supervisor (formerly Level Three) certificate when you have:
- Completed a two-year early learning and child care diploma program offered by an Alberta public college, or an equivalent level of training (refer to the Educational Equivalencies Chart or the Certification Guide); and
- Obtained proof of language proficiency at Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) Level 7, if your post-secondary training was not completed in English or French.
To receive Child Development Supervisor certification, submit:
- a completed Certification Application; and
- an original Canadian Language Benchmark Assessment (CLBA) or CELPIP General assessment at Level 7 in reading, writing and listening/speaking; and
- original and official transcripts sent directly from your educational institution to the Certification office showing all coursework and completion of any early learning and child care diploma or degree program or approved educational equivalencies (consult the Certification Guide). If your transcripts do not indicate completion of your credential, please attach an original parchment to confirm that the credential was granted.
We do not accept photocopies or faxed copies of transcripts for Child Development Worker or Child Development Supervisor certification. You must have your educational institution send original transcripts directly to the Child Care Staff Certification Office.
Where do I send my application and transcripts?
Child Care Staff Certification Office
Alberta Human Services
Edmonton AB T5K 2N2
Contact the Certification Office:
Toll-free: 1‑800‑661‑9754 (Alberta only)
In Edmonton and outside of Alberta: 780‑422‑1119
Hours of Operation: 8:15 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.