Child Development Assistant (formerly Level One) - Alberta Human Services - Government of Alberta

Child Development Assistant (formerly Level One)

You will receive a Child Development Assistant (formerly Level One) certificate when you have:

  • completed the Child Care Orientation Course (Alberta government-sponsored course); or
  • completed CCS 3110, 3120, 3130, 3140 and 3150 through Alberta high schools CTS program (previously CMH 2050 and CMH 3050); or
  • completed a 45-hour (3 credit) college-level course in child development.

To receive Child Development Assistant certification, submit:

  • a completed Certification Application; and
  • a photocopy of transcripts or course completion showing you have completed 45 hours of ELCC coursework or the Child Care Orientation Course.

Where do I send my application and transcripts?

Child Care Staff Certification Office
Alberta Human Services
9940-106 Street
Edmonton AB T5K 2N2

Fax: 780‑427‑1258


Contact the Certification Office

Toll-free: 1‑800‑661‑9754 (Alberta only)
In Edmonton and outside of Alberta: 780‑422‑1119

Hours of Operation: 8:15 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.

Modified: 2016-09-22
PID: 15814