Child Development Assistant (formerly Level One)
You will receive a Child Development Assistant (formerly Level One) certificate when you have:
- completed the Child Care Orientation Course (Alberta government-sponsored course); or
- completed CCS 3110, 3120, 3130, 3140 and 3150 through Alberta high schools CTS program (previously CMH 2050 and CMH 3050); or
- completed a 45-hour (3 credit) college-level course in child development.
To receive Child Development Assistant certification, submit:
- a completed Certification Application; and
- a photocopy of transcripts or course completion showing you have completed 45 hours of ELCC coursework or the Child Care Orientation Course.
Where do I send my application and transcripts?
Child Care Staff Certification Office
Alberta Human Services
Edmonton AB T5K 2N2
Contact the Certification Office
Toll-free: 1‑800‑661‑9754 (Alberta only)
In Edmonton and outside of Alberta: 780‑422‑1119
Hours of Operation: 8:15 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.