Advancing Futures bursary application available here:
- New Student Application Form Package and Direct Deposit Form
- Returning Student Application Form Package and Direct Deposit Form and Duke and Duchess Scholarship
- Upgrading Student Application Form Package and Direct Deposit Form
Not sure what to apply for? Read about application types and who should use them.
Your bank must fill out the Government of Alberta’s Direct Deposit Form in its entirety. It must be free of errors and absolutely legible. Every section must be filled out, and the bank’s stamp must match the address of the bank on the form and be clear. Your name on the Direct Deposit Form must match the name on your application form. Forms that do not match this criteria will be automatically rejected and you will have to return to your bank to have them complete it again.
***Do you dream of working for a big corporation (accounting, marketing, Human Resources, IT, banking, etc.)? Check out the ATB Mentoring Program!
All students requesting financial assistance for child care fees will need to have their child care provider complete a form confirming your parent portion of fees. Please print the Child Care Confirmation Form and return it to the Advancing Futures bursary program with your application.
Completed application forms can be faxed to 780‑644‑6905 or mailed to:
Advancing Futures Bursary Program
Alberta Human Services
3rd Floor, Sterling Place
Edmonton AB T5K 2N2
For more information, please call us at 780‑415‑0085.
There are three annual application deadlines:
- Apply by June 1 to begin studies anytime during the upcoming academic year (September to August)
- Apply by October 1 to begin studies anytime between January and August of the following year.
- Apply by February 1 to begin studies anytime between May and August of the same year.
Applications that are received after the above deadlines will be deferred to the next application period.
NOTE: Students who have not applied for funding through Advancing Futures before, and plan to attend a Specialized High School, are offered extended deadlines:
- Apply by October 1 to begin studies in Fall term (of the same year).
- Apply by February 1 to begin studies in Winter term (of the same year).
It will take 6-8 weeks for applications to be reviewed.
If you have questions, you can call us at 780‑415‑0085 (for toll-free access in Alberta first dial 310‑0000).