We know parents have an enormous influence on children growing up to be happy and healthy adults. That’s why we want to better support moms and dads to handle one of the most difficult jobs around; being a parent.
Alberta has 53 Parent Link Centres spread out across the province. Each of these centres are uniquely designed to meet the needs of families living in each community. To find a Parent Link Centre near you visit this site.
Parents play an important role in their child’s speech and language development. The Talk Box shares ideas and activities with parents to create language-rich environments using tips, information about what to expect in speech and language development, when to get help, and where to get help. This information is shared in newsletters, activity sheets, and information sheets that parents and professionals can reproduce.
- Choosing childcare: How to choose the right Alberta child care for your family
- Choosing childcare: Finding childcare in your area
- Triple P: Positive Parenting Program – Early childhood development for your child
- Talk Box: Creating language-rich environments for preschool and school-age children
- Ages and Stages: Learn more about your child’s growth and development