Cross Disability Support & Services Initiative
The Cross Disability Support Services (CDSS) initiative assists Albertans with disabilities who require specialized services that they are unable to access, or do not qualify for, through other means. The CDSS initiative provides support for targeted groups of adults with disabilities .
Supports and Services
CDSS provides a diverse range of services across Alberta including:
- Supporting connections with community services.
- Promoting independent living skills training and/or mentoring.
- Exploring volunteer opportunities and recreational supports.
- Supporting persons managing vision loss.
- Providing connections to interpreter and intervener services.
- Supplying adaptive equipment.
For more information on available services, please contact the community agency in your area.
The following Acts & Policies are also administered under the CDSS initiative:
- Blind Persons' Rights Act which recognizes the rights of Albertans who are blind, including those who use guide dogs.
- Service Dogs Act which recognizes the rights of Albertans with disabilities who require the use of service dogs.
Community Agency Contact Information
Alberta Committee of Citizens with Disabilities (ACCD)/Alberta Disabilities Forum (ADF)
Calgary Alternative Support Services (CASS)
Spinal Cord Injury Alberta
CNIB Head Office
Deaf and Hard of Hearing Society
63 Cornell Rd NW
Calgary, AB T2L 0L4
Easter Seals Alberta
Lethbridge Family Services
1107-2nd Avenue "A" North
Lethbridge, Alberta T1H 0E6