Family Violence Death Review Committee
The Committee is a multi-disciplinary, expert body, composed of a committee of individuals who have extensive knowledge or experience in the area of family violence.
- Dr. Allen Benson: Native Counselling Services of Alberta
- Mr. Gary Gibbens: YWCA Sheriff King Home in Calgary
- Mr. William Hogle, QC: Family Law Lawyer
- Ms. Sylvia Kasper: former prosecutor and manager of the Calgary Domestic Violence Unit
- Inspector Donnan McKenna: RCMP
- Inspector Trent Forsberg: Edmonton Police Service
- Acting Superintendent Cliff O’Brien: Calgary Police Service
- Ms. Karen Pease: Victim Advocate
- Ms. Debra Tomlinson: Association of Alberta Sexual Assault Services
- Ms. Lana Wells: the Brenda Strafford Chair in the Prevention of Domestic Violence, Faculty of Social Work, University of Calgary
- Ms. Kim Sanderson: Assistant Deputy Minister, Correctional Services Division, Justice and Solicitor General
The Family Violence Death Review Committee was established in the Protection Against Family Violence Act as part of the Children First Act to enhance legislation, tools, processes and policies to improve the security, education, health, safety and well-being of children and youth in Alberta. Read the news release.