Directory of Personal Information Banks
Each ministry is required to have a directory of Personal Information Banks (PIBs) made available to the public. The public can view a PIB to get information about:
- The title or name of a record series or information system
- What department that has custody or control of the information
- What kind of personal information is contained in the information bank
- Who the information pertains to
- Why the information is collected and how it is used or disclosed
- The legal authority for the collection of the information
An individual’s actual records are not available through a PIB.
For further information on how to obtain personal records, contact a Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy (FOIP) Coordinator.