Materials and Resources
The Family Violence Prevention and Homeless Supports Division of Alberta Human Services has developed a variety of publications and resources on family violence and bullying. Order free of charge or print the publications from your computer.
- banners, posters, wallet cards
- community action guide modules
- family violence prevention tools
- information sheets
- public service announcements (Radio & TV Advertisements)
- translated resources
The Public Health Agency of Canada also offers information through Stop Family Violence, a one-stop online source of information and resources about family violence.
Community Action Guide Modules
Prevention of Family and Violence and Bullying Community Action Guide Modules:
- Module 1: set the stage for community action
- Module 2: gather stakeholders
- Module 3: scan community services
- Module 4: set community priorities
- Module 5: oversee implementation of strategies
- Module 6: evaluate and renew
The Prevention of Family Violence and Bullying Division of Alberta Human Services developed the following reports. Order these reports free of charge or print the publications from your computer:
- Family Violence Hurts Everyone: A Framework to End Family Violence in Alberta (2013)
- Taking Action on Family Violence and Bullying – Report to Albertans (2008)
- World Conference on Prevention of Family Violence 2005 – Summary (2006)
- Alberta Roundtable on Family Violence and Bullying: Finding Solutions Together – Report (2004)
Albertans’ Perceptions of Family Violence and Bullying Survey
In January 2014, 900 telephone questionnaires were completed with Albertans, 16 years and older, regarding their perceptions of family violence and bullying. The purpose of the questionnaires was to examine issues related to public understanding and awareness of bullying and family violence issues, measure exposure to these issues in the media, and to inform future directions for the public awareness and education campaigns.
Previous results of Albertans’ Perceptions of Family Violence and Bullying Survey:
Browse through related sites on family violence and how to get involved in education and prevention.