Intervention services are provided when there are concerns that a child or youth is being neglected or abused by their parent or guardian.
Under the Child, Youth and Family Enhancement Act, Alberta Human Services staff conduct the day-to-day business of child intervention, foster care and adoption services.
Help for Children and Families
- Types of support available for children and families
- Child Intervention Practice Framework
- Child Protective Services
- What is a Publication Ban?
If you are concerned for the safety or wellbeing of a child in Alberta, please contact the Northern Alberta Child Intervention Services or Southern Alberta Child Intervention Services at 1-800-638-0715.
You will be prompted to press 1 if you are calling from Red Deer or a community south of Red Deer. Press 2 if you are calling from a community north of Red Deer. More information on Child Abuse.
Safety and Well-being of Children is Our Top Priority
The safety and well-being of children and families is our top priority. Human Services remains committed to continually strengthening the child intervention system and achieving positive outcomes for Alberta’s children, youth and families.
Learn more about the following:
- When a child receiving services dies
- Reviews and investigations of deaths
- Data and statistics
- Progress Update on Recommendations
- Implementation Oversight Committee (IOC)