» Income and Employment Supports Policy Manual

Published Date: June 04, 2019
Bookmark this page

Forms – Employment and Training Programs

Applying for Financial Assistance for Training

You must submit your application for Learner Income Support or the Skills Investment Bursary at least two months before training starts.

Missing information or supporting documents will delay the application process.

Before you Apply

If you are considering attending full-time training, you may be eligible for funding.  Before you apply for Learner Income Support and training benefits, find out about eligibility requirements and benefits available to you.

To make sure funding is in place prior to your start date, submit your application at least two months before training starts.  It takes approximately 4 – 6 weeks to process an application.

Apply Online

If you need financial support to attend full-time and part-time training, you can complete your application and submit it online.  For more information and to submit an online application, go to my Alberta Supports, and click on Apply Online.

Apply in Writing

Applications for financial support to attend full-time and part-time training can also be filled out and mailed to the Learner Income Support Office.  Use the Completion Instructions to learn how to fill in the application.  You can print the application, then fill it out and sign it with ink.  Or you can save it to your computer and fill it out.  Then print it and sign it with ink.

Completing your Application

Use these Completion Instructions to understand how to fill out the application you need:

You can print your application, then fill it out and sign it with ink. Or you can save it to your computer and fill it in. Then print it and sign it with ink.

Other Forms

You may need to complete other forms and schedules as part of the application package. Check the Completion Instructions to find out which forms to send with your application. If you miss information or supporting documents, it will delay the application process.

Form Name

Learner Income

Skills Investment

Child Care Expenses



Direct Deposit Registration for Learners



Declaration of 18 and 19 Year Old Dependant



Additional Continuous Benefits



Child Support Services (Non-EI only)



If you need help completing your application package, call the Alberta Supports Contact Centre at 1-877-644-9992 (toll-free) or 780-644-9992 (Edmonton).

Report a Change

When you’re receiving Alberta Works funding for training, you must report any changes that occur as soon as they happen. You and your spouse/partner, if applicable, must sign a Change in Circumstances form when:

  • you change your name
  • you change training dates
  • you marry, begin living with a partner, separate or divorce
  • you experience a change in the number of dependent children living with you
  • you and your spouse/partner have changes in income or assets
  • your address, phone number or other contact information changes
  • you have an emergency or one-time need and
  • any other changes to your circumstances

Save the Change in Circumstances form to your computer: Fill it out, print it and sign it in ink:

Gather other documents that may be needed to show the change has happened. Send your form and documents to:

Learner Income Support Office
Box 17000, Station Main
Edmonton, AB T5J 4B3

If you have any questions about Change in Circumstances form, call the Learner Income Support Office:

Toll-free: 1‑800‑222‑6485
Edmonton: 780‑427‑3722